TAPTEC™ Residential Reverse Osmosis (RO) Elements provide a unique balance of reliability and value for performance through leveraging the proven technologies from Dow - one of the most trusted brands in water treatment and the inventor of thin-film composite RO membrane, the core of modern RO technology. Focused on the local water conditions and water purifier operations, TAPTEC™ RO Elements are committed to be the choice for normal households.
For further information on product selection, please contact us or seek advice from your Dow representative in order to determine the best membrane choice and optimum operating conditions.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
|Maximum Operating Temperature (a)||113°F (45°C)|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||150 psig (10 bar)|
|Maximum Feed Flow Rate||2.0 gpm (7.6 lpm)|
|pH Range, Continuous Operation||4 – 11|
|Maximum Feed Silt Density Index (SDI)||SDI 5|
|Free Chlorine Tolerance (b)||< 0.1 ppm|
a Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95F (35C).
b Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, Dow Water & Process Solutions recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin 609-22010 for more information.
Additional Important Information
- Permeate water obtained from the first hour of use should be discarded to the drain.
- Keep elements moist at all times after initial wetting.
- To ease installation, it is recommended to use a lubricant safe for indirect water contact on all seals. Potential options include water, glycerin based lubricants, and Dow Corning MOLYKOTE™ 111 Lubricant.
- Rotate the element about a quarter turn to ease installation and removal of the element. Ensure good interface between the o-rings and brine seal with their connection surfaces.
- The use of this product does not necessarily guarantee the removal of cysts and pathogens from water. Effective cyst and pathogen reduction is dependent on the operation and maintenance of the system.
- DOW TAPTEC™ Residential RO Elements may be covered under the DOW TAPTEC™ Residential Element Limited Warranty, 609-50319. Contact a Dow representative for more information.
If operating limits and guidelines given in this Product Information Bulletin are not strictly followed, the Limited Warranty will be null and void.