Ideal for: reverse osmosis plant managers and operators dealing with controlled pre-treatment waters and seeking consistent, high performance, long element life and increased productivity.
Offering decades of proven performance, DOW FILMTEC™ BW30-400:
• Delivers high quality permeate water while minimizing CAPEX
• Offers most effective cleaning performance, robustness and durability due to its widest cleaning pH range (1 – 13) tolerance and the support of Dow technical representatives
Spiral-wound element with polyamide thin-film composite membrane
|DOW FILMTEC™ Element||Active Area (ft2)||Active Area (m2)||Feed Spacer Thickness (mil)||Permeate Flow Rate (GPD)||Permeate Flow Rate |
|Typical Stabilized Salt Rejection (%)||Minimum Salt Rejection (%)|
1. Permeate flow and salt (NaCl) rejection based on the following standard test conditions: 2,000 ppm NaCl, 225 psi (15.5 bar), 77°F (25°C), pH 8, 15% recovery.
2. Flow rates for individual elements may vary but will be no more than 15% below the value shown.
3. Stabilized salt rejection is generally achieved within 24-48 hours of continuous use; depending upon feedwater characteristics and operating conditions.
4. Sales specifications may vary as design revisions take place.
5. Active area guaranteed ± 3%. Active area as stated by Dow Water & Process Solutions is not comparable to nominal membrane area often stated by some manufacturers. Measurement method described in Form No. 609-00434.
|DOW FILMTEC™ Element||(in.)||(mm)||(in.)||(mm)||(in.)||(mm)|
|BW30–400||40.0||1,016||1.125 ID||29 ID||7.9||201|
1. Refer to Dow Water & Process Solutions Design Guidelines for multiple-element applications. 1 inch = 25.4 mm
2. Element to fit nominal 8-inch (203-mm) I.D. pressure vessel.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
|Maximum Operating Temperature a||113°F (45°C)|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||600 psig (41 bar)|
|Maximum Element Pressure Drop||15 psig (1.0 bar)|
|pH Range, Continuous Operation a||2 – 11|
|pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.) b||1 – 13|
|Maximum Feed Silt Density Index (SDI)||SDI 5|
|Free Chlorine Tolerance c||< 0.1 ppm|
a Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95F (35C).
b Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in specification sheet 609-23010.
c Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, Dow Water & Process Solutions recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin "Dechlorinating Feedwater" for more information.
Additional Important Information
Before use or storage, review these additional resources for important information: