Ideal for: reverse osmosis plant managers and operators dealing with controlled pre-treatment waters and seeking consistent, high performance, long element life and increased productivity.
Offering decades of proven performance, DOW FILMTEC™ BW30-400:
• Delivers high quality permeate water while minimizing CAPEX
• Offers most effective cleaning performance, robustness and durability due to its widest cleaning pH range (1 – 13) tolerance and the support of Dow technical representatives
Spiral-wound element with polyamide thin-film composite membrane
|DOW FILMTEC™ Element||Active Area (ft2)||Active Area (m2)||Feed Spacer Thickness (mil)||Permeate Flow Rate (GPD)||Permeate Flow Rate |
|Typical Stabilized Salt Rejection (%)||Minimum Salt Rejection (%)|
1. Permeate flow and salt (NaCl) rejection based on the following standard test conditions: 2,000 ppm NaCl, 225 psi (15.5 bar), 77°F (25°C), pH 8, 15% recovery.
2. Flow rates for individual elements may vary but will be no more than 15% below the value shown.
3. Stabilized salt rejection is generally achieved within 24-48 hours of continuous use; depending upon feedwater characteristics and operating conditions.
4. Sales specifications may vary as design revisions take place.
5. Active area guaranteed ± 3%. Active area as stated by Dow Water & Process Solutions is not comparable to nominal membrane area often stated by some manufacturers. Measurement method described in Form No. 609-00434.
|DOW FILMTEC™ Element||(in.)||(mm)||(in.)||(mm)||(in.)||(mm)|
|BW30–400||40.0||1,016||1.125 ID||29 ID||7.9||201|
1. Refer to Dow Water & Process Solutions Design Guidelines for multiple-element applications. 1 inch = 25.4 mm
2. Element to fit nominal 8-inch (203-mm) I.D. pressure vessel.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
|Maximum Operating Temperature a||113°F (45°C)|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||600 psig (41 bar)|
|Maximum Element Pressure Drop||15 psig (1.0 bar)|
|pH Range, Continuous Operation a||2 – 11|
|pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.) b||1 – 13|
|Maximum Feed Silt Density Index (SDI)||SDI 5|
|Free Chlorine Tolerance c||< 0.1 ppm|
a Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95F (35C).
b Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in specification sheet 609-23010.
c Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, Dow Water & Process Solutions recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin "Dechlorinating Feedwater" for more information.