Genesys 8540 is a unique blend of non-metallic and all organic inhibitors for the control of corrosion, scaling and fouling in open re-circulatory cooling water systems.
The product contains organic scale and corrosion inhibitors blended with polyanionic dispersants. The antiscalants component controls scaling due to calcium and magnesium salts. The organics corrosion inhibitors protect the metallic surfaces of heat exchangers thereby controlling corrosion.
The dispersants in the blend help keep the suspended particles in dispersed form and keep the heat transfer surface clean. The single product thus acts multifunctionally to afford total control and designed to perform in a board range of pH (alkaline) and for moderately hard water.
The product provides corrosion inhibition by the formation of a protective film on the steel surfaces. The antiscalants exhibit threshold inhibition and crystal distortion properties for total control of all water borne mineral salts and minimize scale formation. The product performs in a wide range of pH doing away with the need for close pH control. Optimum dose level depends on factors like corrosion and scale potential, temperature, water characteristics and other system specifics. Generally a dose level 75 to 125 ppm is sufficient.
Genesys 8540 should be fed continuously to ensure that the recommended level of residual is maintained at all times. The product should be fed neat from the container through suitable arrangement for dosing.
Health and Safety
- Avoid contact with eyes and prolonged contact with skin. Do not take internally. In case of contact with eyes, flush with ample water and get prompt medical attention.
- Gloves and goggles should be used where appropriate.
- Genesys 8540 containers should be stored airtight under shade and away from direct sunlight.
Available in 25 kg HDPE carboys, 230 kg drums.
- Appearance: Clear colorless to pale yellow liquid
- pH as supplied: 10.0 – 12.
- Specific gravity: 1.0 – 1.2
- Solubility: Soluble in water